Found some sewing mojo!

I started feeling better after going to the doctor and getting some medication for this crud.  Unfortunately, my husband has it now so we are coughing and coughing together.

I printed and taped my next Ellie and Mac pattern, the Discoverer Tee. Now that I am more familiar with this pattern line my pin fitting adjustments were a lot easier to make. (For full disclosure, I am an affiliate and should you purchase this pattern from my site, I could earn a commission.)

Still working with fabric from my stash I pulled three fabrics.  The green and print fabric were purchases made from EOS a few years ago.  The green is left over from a tee shirt I made.  The other fabric was purchased and I got the remaining fabric that was left on the bolt from EOS.  The cream color one is from Fabric Mart and it too is left over from two projects.

So fitting adjustments to pattern have been made, except for making a small FBA which will be done later.  I then plan to cut out the fabric.  I plan to use the…

Where oh where, did my sewing mojo go?

Have not been sewing.  I printed out another Ellie and Mac pattern.  Have not had the desire to tape and cut around pattern pieces.  Have not had the desire to pull out a TNT pattern either.

The weather has turned cold again.  Last week we had highs in the upper 60's and the low 70's.  With spring type weather I have been spending more time outside and even doing some spring cleaning.

I know we all have had these times and hopefully, this will past soon.

More later.

Black and cream hoodie (photo heavy)

The weather today was much cooler and perfect for me to wear my new hoodie from Ellie and Mac.  The weather has been very strange for the past couple of weeks; thankfully we are not getting the snow and ice.  One day it is 70 degrees and then we drop to 40-50 with lows some nights in the 30's.

I set up the tripod to take some photos before I ventured out into overcast and misty weather.  I am so happy with the outcome of this project and as I write this I have returned from shopping and the top meant the wearability test. So without further ado:

Here are photos of the front:

No photo shot should go without the hands in a pocket view:

Here is the back both wearing and hanging

and here are some views from the side

Here are a few close-ups of the drawstring and the cuffs.  I chose sections of the fabric for the cuffs to match up with each side of the overlay fabric.

I have purchased several Ellie and Mac patterns as I like the numerous styles offered and the prices are very reasonabl…


From reading my recent posts, you are aware that I have been sewing the Undercover Hoodie.  I decided to not add the waistband but instead use a drawstring.  I searched online and Amazon popped up with sources.  There were several options but I chose this one. They are 47 inches long which worked well for where the hoodie bottom falls on my body.

I truly like how they were packaged in a reusable pouch with zip slide at the top.

It also included tools to make insertion easier.

Not only was this useful for my current sewing project and also for replacing some drawstrings in a couple of my pj's.
For full disclosure, I am an Amazon Affiliate and could receive a commission if you used the link on under Amazon Associate.  

For Sale "She Wears the Pants" book

I have just relisted the above book on Ebay.  If interested, here is the link. In great condition and the patterns included are still in factory fold.

Ellie and Mac Undercover hoodie update

I finally took the time to take some photo shots of the hoodie in its current progress;  it is actually close to being finished. I fell in love with the look of this pattern months ago and my sewing plan was to complete it in January.  With the deadline looming for the Basically Jalie Blog Tour, the Jalie Mimosa pattern took a lot of my time.

This is a new to me pattern line and thus some trial and error with the fit for me. My measurements put me into the Large range.  With my experience with some other independent patterns, I decided to print the medium and large sizes.  I am glad I did as I basically ended up stitching more of a medium size than large.  This happens pretty much with other indies.

I made some adjustments to the pattern

shortened bodice by 1 1/2 inchesswayback adjustment of 1/2 inchforward shoulder adjustment of 5/8 inchFBA of 3/4 inch During the basting and fitting stages, I had to make numerous adjustments some I should have made originally. I should have taken a h…

Serger Secrets

I have two of this book called "Serger Secrets."   Here is a link to where I am selling on eBay at a reduced price.  If you are new to using sergers, this is a good source book to use.

More information to follow on Undercover Hoodie, still a WIP.

January into February plans

I completed one of my three January projects, the Jalie Mimosa top.  I think I have posted enough about this top and I truly love it.  The other two versions will get attention later.

My next project in the works, finally, is the Ellie and Mac Undercover HoodieI printed, taped and traced the bodice front and back for pin fitting.  I made my usual FBA and chose the large size for this project.  I also made swayback and forward shoulder adjustments.

I finally decided on what fabrics I will use.  All are from my stash with two being ones left over from other projects.  The third fabric is a ponte knit I purchased from Fabric Mart in 2017.

It is a border print in black and cream.  The cream color matches the solid and textured cream fabrics being used.  Yesterday I cut out the front and back bodice. The pocket piece for this pattern is really an overlay of one side of the front that will be the black/cream fabric.

This is my first Ellie and Mac pattern and my first time making a hoodie…


Show more