Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Two projects for July.

 I had visions of having several items completed this month. 

I did complete


McCall's 6964 top pattern. I wore the top last week and I like the fit and the look. I had planned to take pictures after  I wore the top. By the time I got home, I was too tired.  I do have this pic of the completed top.  This is an EOS fabric acquired several years ago.


I then started making a second top, one I had made previously. This is Simplicity 9273.


This is my first version and I was disappointed with how the sleeves turned out. It was okay and I have worn it several times for Zoom meetings. The pleats collapse and have no resemblance to the pattern drawing. Otherwise, it is a good fit.



This time I decided I would sew the view that the model is wearing. The fabric I used was one I had purchased several years ago. I have looked through all my fabric pics from 2010 to the present and for whatever reason, I do not have this fabric in any of the albums. It is navy blue french terry with red lips.

I wanted this fabric because I had seen a DVF wrap dress which too was navy blue with red lips. Her fabric was very flowy and of much better quality. I could not find a similar fabric until I came upon this.  I had about four yards of this fabric.

Unfortunately, I had issues with this fabric and the view I selected. There is a lot of gathering and this fabric did not do well. Even the sleeves with this one just did not look like the models. Perhaps a non-french terry knit would have been better. I am so flummoxed over this that I turned it into a wadder.



I am glad I have quite a bit of this fabric left over. I will decide on another pattern to try. I have my Laundry Day Tee pattern ready to sew, perhaps this fabric will work better for that. Or not.

More later!






1 comment:

  1. The McCall's 6964 top looks fantastic! It's great that you're sharing the real deal – tiredness and all. Simplicity 9273's second attempt might not have been perfect, but your openness about the fabric struggles is relatable. Can't wait to see more of your sewing patterns projects and what you'll create with the leftover navy blue french terry!

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...