Saturday, June 07, 2014

Back to work and less sewing

I returned to work this past week after a nice staycation.  It was a long work week as expected with playing catch up, working toward some deadlines, and ending the week with a nice celebration of achievement.

As to sewing, there was a few brief moments.  I did turn up the hem on the McCall's skirt that I completed the previous week.and will sew that later this weekend.  I completed the lining for McCall's 6887 dress.
I used that for fitting after basting the side seams and pinning in the zipper.

There were a few tweaks needed.  I removed stitches from the front bodice right below the bust and through the waist and tummy area.  Restitched  that area using 3/8 seam allowance.  This provided a nicer fit.  I may have to reduce the side seams from above the waist through the hip area from 5/8 to 3/8 and will do that after I make adjustments to the dress fabric and fit again.

Lining for M6887
View of back pieces pinned to AlmaMarie
Updates to follow!  I hope your sewing weekend is going well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...