Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Traveling

I spent two days traveling for work this week.  I had hoped that I could visit the Hancock store while there. It just did not happen.

I did do a few small things this AM in my sewing room before going into the office; preparing the invisible zipper and marking the fabric for aligning the zipper.  Small thing and necessary.

Tomorrow I travel again, only a short one day trip.  There is a fabric store in that area also and one I have not been to recently, so maybe I can get in a quick visit.

I did order two new patterns, one is a dolman sleeve knit top from Jalie and the other is a pleated peplum top from an indie pattern company call Lolita's patterns.  Once I finish the dress, I am going to whip up a couple of quick knit tops.

I did wash the red stretch denim fabric and will wash it one or two more times to help the denim from bleeding onto sewing machine and hands while sewing.  I have a Kwik Sew pattern I will probably use to make this, though I have been looking at other patterns like Burda for an alternative.

I hope your sewing time has been productive.  More later.


No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...