Tuesday, May 29, 2012

B5602 in final stage of completion

 

I made great progress on this dress this AM.  I love stay/sewcations!  I hope to finish it this afternoon.  I had to take a break to rest my neck and shoulder.

I attached the bottom band to the dress.  I then blind hemmed the bottom edge of the band to the dress.  I then attached the lining to the dress at the neckline using this facing attachment technique..  This made for a nice RTW look of lining sewn to zipper.

I then stitched the sleeve band to the sleeve and it is now ready for attaching to the dress.

Here are photos of the dress in progress.  It definitely needs some pressing after all work is done.  b5602 in progressB5602 pinned sleeve 

The dress on the hanger looks more like a sack than when on me.  I just noticed this after posting these photos.   Interesting!!  More updates later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...