Back to work Tuesday
I completed the dress part yesterday. This photo shows where I pinned in a deeper vertical darts. I also adjusted the pleats at the neckline,(adjustement not shown in this photo) they were sort of pulling at the front. I also decided that right under the arms to waist line that I will reduce the seam allowance from 5/8 to 3/8 as the bust area is pulling a little bit. I did a FBA and I also used a 14 at the under arm adjusting to 18 at the bust line. I probably should have used a 16 at that area.
I really like the look of the dots going from sparse to clustered. Next I need to sew up the lining fabric. I usually sew that first and let that be a test for fitting but just dove into sewing the fabric first. I am using a white lining as I did not have the right shade of blue lining to go with this dress.