Thursday, June 04, 2009

New Fabric, New Patterns and Few more sewing minutes

I ordered a 'gowchass" knit fabric from Gorgeous Fabrics. Of course I don't have availability to a camera at the moments so you will have to be patient and wait. But it is truly lovely, exceeded my expectation.

I also got two new patterns this week. They are from an independent pattern maker called Colette. Her patterns come in a little booklet and I am looking forward to trying both patterns. I ordered "Macaroon" and "Parfait". Both are cute dresses. I want to try the Macaroon pattern first.

I sewed a little more on my knit cardigan this AM. I had a doctor's appointment so had a little extra time this morning to attach the collar to the back neckline and to topstitch in place. I then pinned the side seams to try on. I think it fit well. I unpinned the side seam and then pinned the sleeves in place to sew them next. Slow but steady.

3 comments:

  1. New patterns are so fun! Nothing better, except new fabric! Great bedtime reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Collette patterns! I've got my eye on Chantilly and Parfait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just recently found your blog! You have been given the “One Lovely Blog” award by–me! Stop by my blog, copy/paste the blog picture to your own blog. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...