Saturday, April 10, 2021

Sneek Peak

 I have been sewing!

I am working on the Willow Wrap top from Love Notions.

Just a glimpse of this sewing project.

Fabric cut out to be sewn



Shoulders attached, front pieces basted at sides, the right side is gathered

I visited Hobby Lobby to purchase a new blade for my Olfa rotary cutter. While there I saw that Simplicity patterns were $.99 and a limit of 10. I only purchased 3 as I was limited for time. Not sure if the sale is still on and hopefully will find time to revisit the store to see. $.99 sale for Simplicity is a rarity IMHO,

Here are the three I purchased




I have fabric washed and ready for 9273. I plan to make the view on the bottom left side. I have seen a blogger wearing a top like this and I fell in love with the sleeves.

Another purchase I made was the cotton fabric. It is mid to heavy weight cotton. I plan to make a pair of shorts with this.


That's it for now. Hopefully will complete the Willow Wrap this afternoon.





6 comments:

  1. Best wishes on the Willow!!! I like the patterns you picked up. 9273 will look great made up. I love a 99 cents sale!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am about finished with the Willow top! I love 99 cents sales too!

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to seeing your Willow top. I made the dress and really like the dress pattern. Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Bonnie! I hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really like those last two tops pictured! I love the split hem on 9275 and the sleeves on 9273!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was drawn to 9273 because of the sleeves! I have the perfect fabric (I think) for the 9275. I too was drawn to this one because of the split hem.

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...