Tuesday, March 09, 2021

Change of Plans

 I decided not to make the Butterick pattern. There were more changes to make besides the ones I've already made. The pattern is looking like a hot mess. Also, the fabric was not quite right for this pattern. This fabric has been in the stash for a short period of time. It is rather a thin knit and clingy. With my weight gain, I am having to rethink patterns and pattern sizes. I need knit fabrics that work with a more fitted top yet do not cling. 

I have decided to move forward with the Burda pattern. I had already printed the pattern and finish taping it together yesterday. The drawback is having to add seam allowances; another time-consuming step. I plan to color block this top and will be using a black knit from my stash. I have some leftover fabric from other projects that I think I can use. 

I also have a UFO for a Love Notions pattern and have found the right buttons to use with the blouse. It will be a perfect top for hopefully upcoming warm weather. 

More to share later with pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...