Sunday, February 21, 2021

Two projects up next

 I have been sewing so many PDF patterns, that I needed a change-up, for at least one of the two tops I plan to sew.

The first one is Butterick 6709. I purchased this in 2019. My plan to make View A or B. I hate when the pattern comes in XS to Med as I always need the L for the bust. My preference is always 14-22 in Butterick because there are fewer pattern adjustments.

My fabric is one I purchased from Hobby Lobby in 2019. This is the only store with knit fabrics in my area, besides Walmart.  There is a nice quilt shop and have purchased fabric for a top that I started but has become a UFO. It is a light blue knit that looks grayer in this photo.



My second project is a Burda pattern that I purchased last week from the Burda Style website. The pic of this pattern does not really show its potential.  I was drawn to this pattern based on the one on Ellen's Sewing Passion blog. I have a black knit fabric that has been in my stash a few years from EOS and I have a few small pieces of fabric that I can use with it. Of course, after printing out the pdf, I realized that this does not come with seam allowances, so some extra work for this one. 


I will post updates on this new sewing journey.

6 comments:

  1. Ooh, I've made this one a couple times. It's great!!

    Can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems simple enough to make. I will have to go to your blog and look at your versions.

      Delete
  2. I really like the Butterick top! I am looking forward to seeing how both of these come together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am having to make several adjustments to the pattern before I cut it out! WIP

      Delete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...