What I am up to

 After completing the shorts, I went through a pattern cleansing and posted more patterns for sale on eBay. The sewing room needs rearranging and some new furniture. In between that and having to take my DH to numerous doctor appointments, I have got a little sewing in.

I am currently working on the Melody Dolman top by Love Notions.  It really is an easy pattern to sew. I am always unsure of what size to select and decided to go with the full bust front pattern piece in size 14. I then thought I needed an additional bust adjustment, which in the end I did not really need.  I should have made some adjustments for the shoulder and will with my next version.

After attaching the collar, I basted the side seams and realize I needed to sew a 5/8 seam allowance from underarm to waist and then using a 3/8 seam allowance as the pattern calls for from waist to hip. This version will be wearable and the next version a better fit.

I am using this fabric from Cali Fabrics that has been in my stash since early 2018. It is a top-quality rayon challis. I also purchased some green fabric that matched perfectly and the attempted pant pattern just did not fit as I had hoped. The pants were made in 2018 or 2019; they went to Goodwill.

Hopefully, I can finish this top this week as I have a few other patterns in the line up to sew.

Comments

  1. Pretty, pretty fabric! I look forward to seeing your Melody dolman top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sewing room organization is the best :) Gorgeous challis! Can't wait to see your top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sewing room needs an overhaul! Top almost finished.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts