Sunday, May 05, 2019

Back in the saddle!

First, I want to thank all of you who responded to my previous post, it helped.  It also made me feel that some of what I was feeling seems to be somewhat the norm or at least I am not the only one who has had these feelings.

I am back in the saddle again in regards to sewing.  I have been working on McCall's 7904

There are a number of fitting adjustments I had to make, mostly my normal ones--
  • Forward shoulder (FSA)-5/8"
  • Full bust adjustment (FBA)-1 1/2 inches
  • Shortened the length by 2"
  • Swayback adjustment by 5/8"
  • High upper round adjustment by 5/8"

There may be more as I pin fit collar and stay.  I will be making a short sleeve instead of long or 3/4 
and strongly leaning toward View A instead of D or maybe a combination.  

The fabric has been in my stash for years and not sure where it is from, perhaps fabric.com or Fabric Mart.  It is a border print, but the border is somewhat "blah".  

Later.




6 comments:

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...