Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Fabric Marker Pens and Field Jackets

I have used the FriXion pens for a couple of years and all that I had have run out of ink.  My Walmart never has them.  There are several Walmarts in my general area, but the one I normally go to is about 5 minutes away from my neighborhood.  Their products are somewhat lacking compared to two other stores that I go to when in the area.

I even went to Staples and even they did not have them in stock.  I do like the pens so decided to look on Amazon. Of course, they had several in stock.  While looking I came across some other
brands.
They are Blulu Heat Erasable pens.  They come in four colors white, fuschia, blue and black.  There are two refills for each color.  I liked the price and I like to try something new so I ordered them, arriving a couple of days ago.  I have tried the fuschia and the mark I made as a guide for hemming my recent project worked beautifully.  The only negative is that there is not an eraser at the other end of the pen.  I can survive that. The price was $7.99, a little less than the FriXion.  (Amazon Affiliate)

I am always amazed at what one can find on Amazon.  I know that many people have issues with Amazon and chose not to buy from them.  I always try to buy local but when local retailers do not have what I need I go to Smile Amazon.  My purchases create a contribution to some organization.  I recently change my support to the Alzheimers' Association.  With both of my parents dying from the horrible disease, I want to try to help as much as possible.

My sewing mojo slipped a little after completing my last project.  Recently I went online window shopping at Nordstrom and came across this jacket. There are several "field jackets" with similar styles.
From Nordstrom's website.
I have searched through the usual pattern sources and have yet to find a similar pattern.  I have Pattern Master Boutique and have not used it in several years, though I do keep downloading the updates.  I was not very successful in finding this style; I did create a couple of jackets that I could hack together.  I basically used a jeans jacket pattern, lengthened it, adding pockets and front zipper.  I still need to rework measurements.

I do have a Simplicity pattern, that looks like several of the other jackets.  This has the potential for working. I have fabric for this pattern but I want green.  So this has become my inspiration to sew.
If you are aware of a pattern that is similar to this, please leave a comment with the pattern information!    

Enough for now!





6 comments:

  1. I think you are right on with that SImplicity pattern! That should be a cute jacket! I am intrigued with the pens you found on Amazon. I love marking now that I use Frixion pens, I will have to give the ones you mentioned a try too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vanessa! I especially like these because of the white pen, it will be most helpful on dark fabrics. I am curious on how long they last.

      Delete

  2. I can’t remem if you’re a Burda sewer or not but I immediately thought of this one from May 2018. It’s on my list :)

    https://www.burdastyle.com/pattern_store/patterns/suede-button-up-jacket-052018

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing this pattern. I do sew Burda and I had subscription before but canceled a couple of years ago. I went to Simplicity website and looked at Burda jackets there; never thought to look at Burda Style website, This pattern is the closest to my inspiration jacket. Glad you remembered this.😃 I will be downloading this today!

      Delete
  3. Awesome Fashion We love visiting in your blog.thanks for sharing.

    Get All Essential Outdoor Gears Online

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...