Friday, April 12, 2019

Finding my lost sewjo

I lost my mojo again or it is at least 1/2 gone.  In my last post, I talked about a jacket from Nordstroms that I want to make. I ordered Brussels Washer Linen from fabric.com that is green but not quite as bright.  This will be my first time trying this type of fabric.

I have been on a fabric and pattern diet since retiring.  There were a couple of patterns recently that I purchased through Club BMV.

I also purchased a top pattern from Burda.
I was inspired to try this one as I fell in love with Linda G's top as shown on her blog.
Dressmaking Debacles blogger helped me with finding a pattern to sew that was very similar to the inspirational jacket on Nordstrom.  I downloaded it from the Burda Style website.  I think this will be easily adaptable to what I want to do.


These two patterns are from Simplicity.  8512 will get made soon as the other one will be on hold for a while as I think our warm weather is here to stay!

Buying the patterns and fabric is helping me to get the sewing bug again.  I did buy one other fabric in a blue/white stripe that arrived two days ago from Sly Fox Fabrics.  This was my first purchase from them and there are some other fabrics I am interested in to buy in the future. Will showcase that fabric in a future post.


6 comments:

  1. This is why I want to reduce my stash a little...when I lose my mojo, it always seems easier to bring it back with a new fabric or pattern :) I love your pattern choices. Several of those are on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have held off purchasing fabric cause I really have quite a bit still, but nothing was saying jump out and sew me. I am also going to change my sewing room a little, too much clutter and need to store more "stuff" in plastic containers. It just feels overwhelming at the moment.

      Delete
  2. I LOVE the Mccalls button up pattern you chose!! The Butterick top with the ties is also cute. I am seeing ties everywhere, so I guess I'd better join in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the retirement and glad your sewjo has returned!

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...