Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Recent pattern purchases

I have been destashing patterns for several months and selling many on eBay.  I found myself giving in to Club BMV or $1.99 Simplicity sale at Hobby Lobby.  Folks, I really don't need more patterns. 

My mother loved shoes; I love shoes.  When there was a sale and I was still living in Danville, we would go to the shoe sales; when I visited after moving away and there was a sale, we would go shopping.  My grandmother who grew up during the depression had about four pairs of shoes-beige, black, blue and white.  When we came back from shopping the sales, she would always ask why did you get more shoes, our response was "we didn't have these!"

Well, I didn't have these patterns and my pattern sales have been pretty good, so I am somewhat recycling my funds.

Without further ado, here are my recent purchases.

I gave up on the McCall's version and I have seen great success with this bomber jacket!


I have a top just like the one on model I purchased in 2017.  I love the look, so does DH. I know I can easily make this.

In the works


I also have a Kwik Sew pattern that I have not taken photos of.  I also ordered another pattern and it was not included with the KS one.  I sent an email to Butterick enquiring about the pattern and explained that the shipping statement did not reflect that the pattern was on back order or no longer available.  I got a response apologizing and a commitment to send the missing pattern the next day priority mail.  That was on the 13th.  As of today Dec. 18, I still don't have that pattern.  So sending another email asking where is it.  Then I just ordered two more Butterick patterns that were on sale and I hope I actually get them.  The response from BMV has been slower since moving to my new location.  Not sure that it is my location or an issue at BMV.  I am beginning to think it could be them.

I am currently working on the M7874 pattern above.  I have made adjustments to the pattern and have almost completed cutting out the fabric.  I also need to take photos of me wearing Bellavista 2 as promised in my last post.  There's a lot going on right now at Casa Danvillegirl.

10 comments:

  1. Nice pattern selections!!! I'm also destashing patterns but I don't plan to add any new pattern any time soon, LOL It's a long process but fun one. I thought I would have a whole free draw by now but that's not my story :( FIESTA ANYHOW ... HAPPY SEWING :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those all look like fun patterns to make! I'm like you, I always want some new patterns, no matter how many old ones that I haven't sewn up yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so tempting when Club BMV has a sale! I really did cut back for 2018.

      Delete
  3. You got some really nice ones. Oh, if I could only sew faster!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the details to M7874! You chose a lot of great patterns! I think I am at capacity with my patterns too...I may just need to take a hint from you and destash before I add any more beauties!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vanessa! I think color blocking would work well with this pattern. I am only using one fabric at this time and really just wanted to test the look before committing to color blocking.

      Delete
  5. I purchased a TON fewer patterns this year but know that I can't "not" buy any :) I did a big destash and need to cull one more time.

    I really love that last jacket. And OMG I gave up on the popular McCall's bomber too! I ended up sewing a Burda magazine version!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried another McCall's jacket-M7636 with much better success; it did run large so I trimmed it down some and did get a good fit. I hope this one works out better.

      Delete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...