Monday, December 24, 2018

Bellavista 2 complete

I finally set up the tripod and took some photos of the second Bellavista pattern from Itch to Stitch.  After seeing myself in this solid color top, I feel fat.  I think the knit was a little thick for this top though it did match the stretch requirements.  I do like this pattern and the floral print one is a lighter weight knit and only wish I had had enough fabric for the cowl neck.

This top is fitted in the bust area and then flares from there. I did go down a size in the shoulder area from a 10 to 8 and then tapered out to a 10 for the rest of the top.  Having adjusted the back on the first version, I felt that the back fit well with this one with the adjustments I made to the pattern.
The top is a little wrinkled from sitting. I think I could carve out a little at the back arm seam, I have a narrow back.

Here is the back in the first version with adjustments.
Here are a few more views of this pattern.

I am wearing this top with black leggings.

I am going to be on the lookout for another lighter weight knit to make this top again.  Until then I am currently working on McCall's 7874.
I am enjoying sewing this pattern.  It has a lot of moving parts and has been fun to sew.  The instructions are very helpful in putting the front, side front and pockets together. The sleeves, however, are very tight.  This is the only negative I have with this pattern.  I may have needed to use another fabric with a little more stretch.

The fabric is from Girl Charlee and I have wanted to sew it for some time.
It is a french terry knit.  I hope to finish this soon and will post more about this then.

Thanks for stopping by!  Wishing everyone who celebrates a Merry Christmas.

8 comments:

  1. I think the cowl knit in gold is very pretty! Can't wait to see you make it in a lighter knit to see if you prefer that more. Best wishes on M7874.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the top looks good on you. It's probably the camera angle that didn't get it right. I heard from a fashion photographer that said that the camera should aim from the head down or something to get the best angle.

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...