Thursday, September 06, 2018

Finished Kalle and What's next

I completed the Kalle Shirt Dress!  This was a longer project than I thought it would be; I chose to use the directions in completing this and learned some alternative ways of sewing neckband and a placket.  I sewed the buttons on last night and while doing this in front of the TV, my DH said that is a pretty dress.  I thanked him and not sure he will have the same opinion when I wear it as it is very different style.  It works for my lifestyle now and perfect for the continued hot weather.

Here is a glimpse, hopefully will take full photos when I wear it in the near future.  I plan to do a full review at that time also.  I will make this in the tunic length as well trying the long sleeve extension pattern.

As I shared in an earlier post, my first buttonhole turned out wonky after completing three test buttonholes.  I will be sewing the button onto this through all thicknesses as I can easily pull this over my head with the last button closed.

I did not make bias tape from fabric for this dress, I had planned to do this. I was looking through a drawer with bias binding in it and saw this orange binding.  Not sure when or why I even bought that color, most bias binding I have has been around for a couple of years.  So got lucky that this matched perfectly.

I am continuing my sewing projects focusing on using Indie patterns.  I have decided on two with one being a shorts pattern as it is time to get past my sewing block on sewing shorts and pants.  I have read several reviews about several short patterns and have decided to try True Bias's Lander shorts.
The other project will be a Blank Pattern pattern-Austin Tee with tie at waist.
I actually purchased this one twice😜.

I washed and dried the fabric for the shorts.  Just need to cut and tape pattern pieces.  I then trace and try on using pin fitting technique.  I also have some muslin fabric as I may break down and do one of those!!!!!  The fabric is from Cali Fabrics and is a Ralph Lauren poly-twill woven with some stretch.


After washing it felt less thick and more to my liking.  More updates to follow.  Thank you for stopping by.

4 comments:

  1. Isn't it fun to discover just what we need in stash??

    So glad you're regularly sewing now! Can't wait to see your Kalle in action.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Kalle dress. It was love at first sight when I saw that pattern so I had to have it. Of course I haven't made it up yet though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same for me. I had it since it came out and finally thought I should make this.

      Delete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...