Tuesday, September 04, 2018

Touching base

First, I received a question from a reader about issues she was having on finding me on Ebay as I had provided information about my selling patterns there.  She could not find me when she did a search.  I found that you have to click on Advanced Search and scroll down close to the bottom and click on Seller, then click on specific seller and type in seller's Ebay name; mine is lamona7.  So if anyone else tried this and maybe did not know how to find seller (including me) that's it.

Second, I have just about finished the Kalle Shirt Dress and it has been a great sewing journey in that I learned how to do somethings different than I normally would.  I have okay with my dress but I think I would prefer to use a lighter cotton fabric than I did.  I know that I will make some additional tweaks with future makes from this pattern.  I have even purchased the long sleeve extension pattern for this fall.  Not sure how fall feels in our new location.

Third, I dread making buttonholes because no matter if you have a fancy buttonhole attachment and program with your sewing machine it never fails that one, sometimes two buttonholes get wonky.  I tested making three buttonholes for the Kalle dress on same weight and thickness of fabric and they turned out lovely.  I make my first one on the dress and it does not connect the top part of the buttonhole correctly.  The rest turned out okay. 

Fourth, I have not always liked my JoAnn's store where I used to live but I miss them now as all I have here is Hobby Lobby with a small section for sewing.  I was able to find buttons for this dress today, but pickings were slim.

Hope to show the finished project in the next day or two.


No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...