Saturday, January 06, 2018

2017 at a glance!

This year garment sewing slowed to a crawl.  I read other blogs and many bloggers  garment output was triple and quadruple compared to mine.   I sewed garments using mainly  Big 4 patterns witha Style Arc, Pamela's Patterns, Sewhouse 7, New Look and the Tunic Bible patterns as part of the mix as well.

Here is a recap of 2017

McCall's

Style Arc

McCall's

Butterick

Pamela's Patterns

Simplicity

The Tunic Bible

Simplicity front

Simplicity Back

Pamela's Patterns

New Look
Simplicity
Vogue
Vogue
Simplicity
Sewhouse 7

McCall's



I have given some thoughts to 2018 garments.  I need more tops; I find I am wearing the same ones over and over.  Some were made 1 to 2 years ago.  

I also want to sew some cardigans as well as topper.  I am definitely going to get serious about sewing some pants.  I don't know why I keep putting that off.  I think it is the fitting issue with pants, that many have overcome.  I am going to have more time to focus on pants and have pulled out some patterns to consider making.

I decided to participate in the 2018 RTW Fast that Sarah Gunn with Goodbye Valentino has started.  I think I can do this!  I got the fabric and the patterns to sew up so should be an interesting challenge for me.

18 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Linda !I plan to sew more pants too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your output looks pretty good to me, far exceeding mine and as for pants, yes I need to gird my loins and get stuck in on perfecting some pants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will have more sewing time this year, so will hack away at getting pants to fit.

      Delete
  3. You had a great sewing year and I enjoyed watching you do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I will have more sewing time in 2018 and hope to get some things made that I have had on the back burner for sometime.

      Delete
  4. You made some fantastic pieces in 2017! Good luck with the pants fitting and the RTW fast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann! That RTW is going to be challenging for me.

      Delete
  5. Great wrap-up. Looks to me like you had a year of wins! You’ve made some beautiful pants previously, and I’m looking forward to seeing what you make in 2018. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mostly wins, I had a few wadders that just didn't rate to be on my list. Thank you for stopping by and commenting.

      Delete
  6. For someone who slowed to a crawl you sure added some wonderful pieces to your wardrobe. I look forward to seeing what you create for 2018.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I'm really impressed! All your garments are very nicely sew and you wear them so well! Cheers to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great wrap up! You did a lot of great works. Thank you for sharing beautiful works. I am looking forward to seeing your project in 2018.

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...