Sunday, December 31, 2017

Last garment made for 2017-McCall's 7636

I finally finished McCall's 7636. My plans to finish this pattern during the Christmas holidays did not happen.  I got close but so much was going on that week that I found less time to be in the sewing room.

I was bound and determined to finish this for this holiday weekend and yeah! it is done.

Let me say that I found this pattern to be well drafted and the instructions were great.  The pattern is real loose and it is important to pay attention to the finished measurements on the pattern pieces.  The shoulders are wide and somewhat dropped; I reduced the width of the shoulders by 5/8 and probably could have reduced by 3/4.

My double knit fabric was one with a coating on the front that gave it a faux leather or scuba knit feel. I used a larger size needle to sew this and glad I did.  At times I was sewing through several layers of fabric, lining fabric, zippers, piping, etc.

I highly recommend this pattern to those with more sewing skills than a beginner.

Here are photos of the completed jacket.  It was nice to end the year with this pattern and project.  I still plan to make more jackets and a hoodie in the near future.









I want to thank all of you who have stopped by to read my blog.  I appreciate comments and feedback.  I wish you a Happy and Healthy New Year.  There are some upcoming changes to my life in 2018 that I am excited as well as anxious about.  I will share more about this in my post for 2018.

Be safe if out for the New Year's Eve parties !





13 comments:

  1. Retirement around the corner? If so, I highly recommend it! Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is right around the corner. I think I am going to enjoy it.

      Delete
  2. Lovely jacket. I had not noticed this pattern had piping around the armhole until I saw your version. It makes a lovely accent to the coordinating zipper and ribbing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Audrey. I had not noticed it either until I started reading through the instructions. You can also make your own, but I had black piping. We are freezing here in Roanoke, how are you in Richmond?

      Delete
  3. Hi Linda! Great looking jacket! It's been a while , hoping all is well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alethia! It has been awhile. Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

      Delete
  4. What a great jacket! I love the combination of the very lacy looking fabric with the bomber jacket style!

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...