Sunday, May 22, 2016

Paulina Top

I started working on the Itch to Stitch Paulina Top yesterday.
I attempted this one once before and the outcome was not good.  It was not the pattern it was me.  One I chose the wrong size and never really tested it by pin fitting or making a muslin.  I put it aside for awhile.

 I like the look of this top for something casual and one thing that I need more of is tops for casual as well as for work.  I have some tops that I have been wearing forever and the knit is started to peel or fade. 

I decided to stick with blue fabrics since serger is threaded with blue thread and this fabric from
The Fabric Market has been calling out for my attention.

The blue knit fabric is from Fabric Mart.
This is where I left off yesterday morning with the blue knit overlay completed and then basted to neck and sleeve front.
The blue looks lighter in the picture above but it is truly a navy knit that has been in my stash or at least two years if not longer.

I have made a lot more progress since yesterday morning and will post more later.

Let me say I pin fitted the pattern last week and determined that I needed to sew a 10-12.  I made some of my usual tweaks-swayback, raised neckline an inch, reduced the length of the sleeves as well as the width.  I also made a one inch FBA using pivot and slide method.

More later.



No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...