Friday, January 29, 2016

Under the weather

Since all the snow last weekend and digging out from a lot of snow, I also caught the "crud" which is a vicious cold that leaves one with a horrible cough.  I did complete the Simplicity raglan sleeve top. I think my desire to use the red/black/gray/beige/white lace is somewhat doomed.  The faux suede knit fabric has left me feeling that I want wear it much.  It is rather limp.

I have not felt like putting the top on, setting up the tripod to take photos of me wearing it.  I will soon.  I hope to feel somewhat better this weekend and get some sewing in.

I fell off the fabric diet and caved into the Girl Charlee Knitfix for January.  I received my package yesterday.  There are a couple of fabrics that I like; one is in a colorway that I do not wear much and right now none of them are screaming for my attention.  I have not yet taken photos of the fabrics.

I also realized that I had made what was to be a final year end purchase and have not posted those items either.

Here are photos of the Simplicity top on a hanger:

Front with lace overlay
Back view


4 comments:

  1. I hope you get feeling better soon. I like your idea of lace overlay. Now you've got me thinking! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am feeling better, thanks. Look forward to seeing your lace overlay garment.

      Delete
  2. What an interesting top, looking forward to see it on you - and to your feeling better soon. The crud is awful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the crud is terrible. The cough truly has worn me down. I am feeling better and did a little sewing today.

      Delete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...