Happy 4th of July!

I have had a good holiday weekend and it started early for me as I took Thursday as a vacay day.  In between shopping, family activities, grilling and such, I have been sewing.  I completed the Butterick 6216 top pattern.

I had some fitting issues with the back neckline; there is a lot of bulk in the back neckline with the crossover back overlay and the back piece.  Some of the weight of this plus adding neckband creates a small fold at the neck base.  The more I looked at the envelope and the view I made I can see some of the same pulling in that area on the model.  I did trim out some of the bulk after applying the neckband before topstitching in place.

All in all I am happy with the results.  I had to make some alterations with the pattern including 1.5 inch FBA, forward shoulder adjustment, one inch sway and back length adjustment.  At the hip area I took 3/8 inch seam tapering to 5/8 from waist to underarm.

Here are few shots of the completed top.

close up of back neckline

Back view

Front view
I have an opportunity to go to the beach of the end of this month so I am going to make a few more knit tops for my upcoming trip.  I have lots of top patterns and need to narrow down what I can make between now and then.  I like another version of this top but using a different back piece as seen in another view.

I hope you enjoyed your holiday weekend if you are celebrating the 4th.  Time for dessert.  More later.



Comments

  1. Ooh I like this top and have been tempted to try it so thatnk you for the heads up about the back neckline.! That floral fabric is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Labels

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

Loss of a sewing icon

Downsizing Pattern Stash

Pamela's Pattern Pretty Peplum

Sewcialists

Sewcialists