Friday, January 02, 2015

I won a pattern!

I have been a member of Pattern Review for years.  Recently I have been reading posts there more frequently and participating in some discussions.  I receive a daily digest and enjoy reading through that early AM before getting ready for work or play.

Recently there was an article about Janet Pray, owner of Islander Sewing System.  I found it most interesting and learned more about her background.  Commenting on the blog post entered you in the opportunity to win a pattern, and I WON!!!   I recently signed up to take her class on Craftsy.

I am so happy about this pattern as it is another version of a moto-jacket.  I think I have the perfect fabric for this one.



Off to the sewing room!

19 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I read that interview and really like that pattern. Can't wait to see it sewn up. Happy New Year Linda!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I didn't even know this pattern existed and now I WANT it!! I really want to sew a leather moto jacket for next winter and I think I'm going to be stashing ALL the moto patterns I see. Thanks! I think. Hahaha and congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie! I signed up to take her class on Craftsy so getting another pattern with that class, so was surprised to see this when I read the article as I too had not seen this.

      Delete
  3. Ooooooh that jacket is gorgeous! I can't wait to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky you, cute pattern! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! It's always nice to win a little something :) This jacket looks cute. I've also just signed up for her Craftsy class -- my goal is to learn better/more techniques this year so that's a start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I signed up like you to learn some new/better sewing techniques. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  6. Congratulations! Will look forward to the review.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that looks nice, looking forward to seeing your progress. I absolutely LOVE reading your blog and seeing how you assess and take on new projects. And how exciting is it to win something-?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and commenting. I have missed ASG and plan to be back this month. I am waiting patiently for the pattern to arrive.

      Delete
  8. Good for you! That's a good looking jacket, can't wait to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the look of the jacket. Waiting for it to arrive.

      Delete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...