Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Next top on my list

M7020 was reviewed on Pattern Review recently.  I had not paid much attention to this pattern until reading the review.  What also drew me to this pattern was mailer I received from Belk department store which is rather well known store in the south.  On the front was a model wearing a striped tunic with a center front seam.  Of course the color of the tunic was also appealing to me; this is  my inspiration piece.
From cover of flyer for Belk

This pattern fits the design as it has a center front seam, with a jewel neckline.  Fortunately the pattern also has several other neckline features such as a drape and a cowl neckline making this even more versatile for additional tops with different neckline.

The pattern runs a little large as the small has a finished bust measurement of 44 inches and waist/hip of 46.  There will be no need for a FBA with this top.  The finished length of the shortest top is 20 inches which will fall below my waist; several of the other views have a finished length of 26 inches which would be like a mini dress on me.  Some length adjustments will be necessary.  Having a center front as well as center back seam with give me other fitting options.

I am going to use a solid color knit from my stash.  More later!

2 comments:

  1. Undoubtedly, this pattern is a winner, looking forward, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it is going to turnout well. I have cut out some fabric to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...