Almost complete

I am making great progress on the dress and I am so pleased with the fit.  I had some tweaks to make while sewing.  The weight of the knit fabrics pulled the shoulders and neckline down.  I ended up taking in the shoulder seams by one inch.  I cut 3/4 inch off the top of the sleeve and it fit perfectly.  I did test it before cutting off the excess fabric.

I cut the neckband about 3/8 wider than called for so I could stitch a 1/2 seam to attach the neckband.  I like having a little extra width as it makes sewing and handling better.

The sleeves call for a band at the hemline and I cut out the stripe/floral fabric for that band.  I still need to attach the bands and hem the dress.  The length is a little long but I am thinking about keeping it that length and having a midi length dress.  I am still thinking on that.

I needed to take a deeper seam at the back/side back area at the waist line to take out a smidgen of fullness.

Here is shot of the dress hanging as it is now.
front view

back view
More later!

Comments

  1. I like it! It's turning out beautifully! I've been leaning more towards that midi length on some of my recent dresses too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sharon. I am short so I need to find the right midi length for me.

      Delete
  2. This is going to be a gorgeous dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This dress is looking good. I love the bold blue and print down the center.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am happy to see you sewing and blogging again. Enjoy your summer off from teaching.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Labels

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

New Look 6469

Downsizing Pattern Stash

Pamela's Pattern Pretty Peplum

Sewcialists

Sewcialists