Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Sew What's Next?

I made my final tweak to the dress last night and it is ready to wear Thursday.  The sleeves still pull a little bit and I think that has to do with the adjustment to the shoulder and maybe I did not need to alter the sleeves as much as I thought.  It is wearable and I can quit obsessing about it and move on.

I have a lot of fabric and a lot of patterns making it hard for me right now to pick one.  After making this recent garment I want something easy peasy!  I have washed a few fabrics to get them ready for sewing whenever I decide what they will be.

I want to make the red denim jacket and that is ready to go; not going to be an easy sew so keep putting it off.  I have been browsing blogs for inspiration, as well reading each morning while having breakfast Pattern Review reviews.

I have decided that I am going to use a blue colorway as my DH pointed out to me that I have been on a kick to sew lavendar/purple shades of late.  He is right.  So these two fabrics will be my next project and what that will be is still undecided.  Both purchased earlier this year from EmmaOneSock.






8 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see that top one come to life!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Nakisha as the first thing that came to mind was the 1950's fitted waist dress. Don't let me influence you as those were just my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion! I wish I could get that fabric in a woven as that would sew up nicely as you suggested.

      Delete
  3. I have discovered EOS as well and so love the fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has a nice selection and when they arrive they are packaged so nicely with tissue paper in between.

      Delete
  4. The first fabric is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cennetta! Now if I could only decide what to make????

      Delete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...