Sunday, March 16, 2014

Spring time!!!???? and Blouse Progress

I am still continuing plans to switch to spring sewing.  Last week we had three glorious days of spring time with highs in the 60's and 70's.  Then Wednesday night, winter returned and Thursday was a high of 28!  Yesterday another great spring day-high of 72.  Today we are expecting rain, temperatures dropping to lows in the 30's with ice and snow called for.
 
If you look in the right sidebar of the blog under Instagram photos you will see a shot of the blouse.  That was the status this morning.  Since then I have interfaced the collar, collar stand, sleeve cuffs and front bodice band.  I have also turned up the hem and plan to stitch that tonight.

I basted the front bands and side seams earlier this week for my first fitting.  I found the size and fit to be good.  I think that I will need to make adjustments to the shoulder length before adding the sleeves.  I cannot find my blouse I made previously; I think I may have decided to give it to Goodwill as I was not wearing it very much.  I remember the sleeves being rather full and will probably made adjustments there also.

More updates and photos later.




No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...