Sunday, September 16, 2012

Next up Magic Pencil Skirt and Simplicity

I completed the Vogue skirt except for the hemming.  Because the bottom side pieces are on the bias I thought I should let it hang over night in case the bias pieces start to grow.  Not sure that they would with the type of fabric I am using but possible.

When I cut out the Vogue skirt, I also cut out a knit I have had in my stash for ever and ever.  Since I was working on black background skirt I would not have to do anything to serger or sewing machine except change the needle since both are threaded with black thread.  So this will be my immediate gratification skirt.

Next up is a Simplicity skirt that has been on my sewing list for a long time. I plan to use a wool crepe fabric that I am not sure how long it has been in my fabric collection.  I am planning on making the skirt style that the model is wearing.  I also pulled a knit fabric from EOS, that has not even been washed nor taken out of the packaging that EOS uses to wrap their fabric.  It has the same light mustard yellow in the pattern along with green and brown, rather fall/autumn looking.  I thought I had a photo of the fabric.  I am somewhat hit and miss when it comes to taking photos of fabric purchases.


No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...