Sunday, June 24, 2012

Skirt in progress

I decided to go with a skirt that I have made previously.  It is a McCall's 5523 that has princess seaming and variations on how the back can look.  I am surprised that it is not OOP as it has been around for some time. I have made previously in stretch woven as well as wool gaberdine.  I made view A and B, and I am making view A again.

Here is a view of the first skirt I made from this pattern; the post is about the Sorbetto top.  The wool version I made has the pleats in the back.

The pattern does not call for a lining but I cut out lining fabric using the pattern pieces.  I just like linings in my skirts.  I think also this fabric needs it.

1 comment:

  1. What a great article! Love your blog !Thanks a lot for sharing , it is really useful to me!

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...