Sunday, January 29, 2012

Pattern fitting

I was able to cut out the two dress patterns for fitting.  I started the fitting process on Butterick 5673 first.  This is an unlined dress, suggested fabric is double knit.  I have some black double knit that I used a small portion of when making this dress.  I have some of the black and white geometric double knit from that dress left over also.  I have some other solid color double knit as well, one piece being red.  I may decide that red and black will work better together.  But for now I am thinking geometric fabric for the center pieces.

Both dresses are multi-sized with largest size being 16.  The finished bust measurement for 5673 is 38 1/2 requiring me to make 2 1/2 inch FBA.  I wish the upper size was 18 as that allows for smaller FBA adjustment.  The other fitting adjustment I made was raising the scoop neckline; this is just too low for me.  I raised it 1 1/2 inches allowing for the 5/8 seam allowance.  I made my usual 1/4 inch upper chest/back horizontal tuck.

Forward shoulder and swayback adjustments are also necessary.

As to Butterick 5672, I did not get to it at all.  It too has an upper size of 16 so a full bust adjustment will be necessary also.  I am going to do the FBA on the lining front bodice as that piece has regular bust dart compared to the front bodice of the dress.  I think this will help me figure out how to do the FBA on dress front bodice.  I plan to make this dress from a solid green double knit.  I realized that I had not washed the fabric yet, so took time to do that.

I was not able to cut out the fabric before starting dinner; hope to get some of the pattern laid out and get a start on some of it.





No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...