Sunday, January 15, 2012

Butterick 5566 Take 2-new technique (photo heavy)

Well the second version of the pleather yoke and brown skirt is now complete, except for the hemming.
As promised here is a few photos of the technique.  This is the article below that appeared in the November issue of Threads.
Here is a photo of the darts that are sewn in the skirt front and back in the fabric and in the lining.  For the back piece, if it has a zipper you insert that before stitching the lining to skirt at the waistline. Trim waistline seams to 1/4, I only trimmed to 3/8.  Then pin darts in lining and fabric sewing them as one dart from point to point.



Here the photo shows the continuous side seams of lining and fabric:

And here is where the side seams and waistline intersect:

After sewing, I needed to tweak the fit at the waist line and all I had to do was take a deeper seam of 1/4 inch on each side to make the waist fit better.  This is a nice technique to use.  I think you are experiencing fluctuations in sizes frequently, this is a easy to fix the fit waistline alteration without a lot of ripping.  My first version of the skirt will be donated to Goodwill as I am sure there will be someone who will find it a nice fitting skirt.

I am so happy that I had fabric leftover to make a second one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...