I wanted the jacket to challenge me, particularly because I am sewing on faux leather. Believe me this has been a bear of a challenge. The fabric is thick to begin with and when sewing through two thicknesses it is rather difficult and sewing very slowly is the best way to handle this.
I have switched back and forth between walking foot, zipper foot and Teflon foot. The walking foot has been a huge success in sewing layers together.
I just completed inserting the sleeves which was the most difficult sewing thus far. Photos to follow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
August Sewing Simplicity 7295
I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...
-
I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...
-
On to the next project. I made this pattern previously. I made View C. I wear the top frequently though I feel it is a little large on me....
You are to be commended thus far. Is your leather black, does it have any stretch, and lastly where did you get it from???
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you are making progress. I am admiring all the faux leather projects I am seeing in the blogosphere lately. Hope your weekend is going great!
ReplyDelete