It is becoming a dress---

I made a lot of progress on the floral print dress.  I have sewn the princess seams and inserted the invisible zipper.  I then basted the shoulder and side seams for fitting purposes. 

I am discovering that my body is changing again and that I probably should consider using a size 12 in the upper back area and shoulders.  Perhaps I should use the size 12 for upper chest area also.  I still have to have a larger bust size and many times I taper to size 16 or 18 depending on pattern size ranges. If largest size is 14 than of course must do a FBA,

The largest size in the pattern I am using is 16 and had separate front pieces depending on cup size.  I had to make a FBA still, just not a large one.

So after fitting, I now have to take deeper seams in upper back area, and perhaps trim a little at the back armscye.  I raised the front neckline when fitting the pattern, but I find it is still rather low after raising an inch. 

I did find a solid color fabric to match the flowers in the print but not sure I want that much contrast after closer review.  More later.

Comments

  1. Looking forward to seeing your dress when it's finished. The fabric is very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also eager to see the finished dress. I've had my eye on this pattern, but it still hasn't warmed up enough for me to spend time sewing sleeveless dresses. I'll just have to enjoy yours.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Labels

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

Pamela's Patterns Bias Skirt!

New Iron

Simplicity 1366

Sewcialists

Sewcialists