Saturday, June 11, 2011

Friday activities

I found a burst of energy Friday evening; perhaps it was my brain needing a different challenge than work.  I washed and dried the cotton Lycra fabric, just in case after making I decide I will use that method for cleaning instead of dry cleaning.  It did fairly well out of the drier, meaning not a lot of ironing required.

I then took the time to layout and cut out the fabric.  I now have an idea that I would like to find the perfect matching fabric at JoAnn's to make the ruffle in a solid color and thinking of trying to match the flower colors.   I will go there today to see what I can find.  I also decide to make the sleeveless version with the simple belt tie.

Also, I ordered two knit fabrics form Fabric.com and they arrived yesterday.  One is bright pink, close to fuchsia and the other is a black and white large plaid print.  I fell in love with the black and white fabric after seeing it made up into a dress over at Sew Terri's blog.   I now have to decide what dress pattern I would use.  I like the one Terri used as it really show cases the fabric so well; that of course is what influenced me to buy the fabric.

What do you think of the idea of using a solid color for the neckline ruffle?  I truly appreciate your feedback.  More later.

1 comment:

  1. I like the black and white fabric too! Not sure about a solid on the ruffle. What about the ruffle done on the bias for contrast, if you are talking about the black and white fabric.

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...