Jacket ready to sew

I finished the pattern fitting for the jacket for B5460.  I used some pattern fitting adjustments learned at the Cynthia Guffey class last Saturday.  The fabric has been cut out and machine is now set up for sewing. 

I made a few additional tweaks with the dress from this pattern.  I just did not like how the neckline was laying.  I took deeper darts at the front neckline.  I also took a deeper seam allowance from the waist to bottom of hip.  I don't wear many dresses with a defined waist line.  I like sheath style dresses better on me.  So this dress with it's waist feels funny.  I am looking for a brown belt that I would like to wear with this dress.  I think the contrast may give me a more defined waist.

I also cut around pattern pieces for New Look 6000.  I have a red and white houndstooth fabric that I want to make up into a dress; I want to try the waist/side dart dress first and then want to make the other dress style after this.  I have some new red shoes and though I could wear them with some other items in my closet I have been saving them to wear with this fabric.

I hope that those of you who celebrate Mother's Day have a good one.  My DH made me pancakes this AM!  He is a sweetheart.

Comments

  1. Very nice of your DH to make pancakes for you! Can't wait to see your jacket and New Look 6000.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Labels

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

Pamela's Patterns Bias Skirt!

Simplicity 1366

New Iron

Sewcialists

Sewcialists