Dress is almost complete!

Almost complete.  I inserted the elastic into the casing made by stitching the bodice to skirt and then stitching the upper edge of the seam.  Pattern calls for 1/4 inch elastic but I used 3/8 for a better fit and feel.  I then covered the belt elastic.  I was able to find a silver buckle at JoAnn's on Thursday to use. After elastic was covered and folded over edges were sewn down, I tried on the dress and decided I did not like the A-line look of the skirt portion. 

My inspiration dress is more straight or tapered.  I then look in the side seams from just below the side seam pocket to hem edge.  I did this for lining fabric as well, of course.   All I need to do now is hem the dress and lining!!! 

Yea!!  This project was beginning to make me feel bogged down.  I have more projects floating in my head and want to get started on them before my vacation is over and back to work!!

Comments

  1. Your last sentence describes me! I have so much I want to finish before the end of summer vacation - and the end is coming so quickly!!!!

    I'm waiting to see the finished dress. I'm sure it will be lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Labels

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

Pamela's Patterns Bias Skirt!

Simplicity 1366

New Iron

Sewcialists

Sewcialists