Sunday, October 04, 2009

What I am up to sewing wise

I topstitched the pockets to the BWOF jacket. I have decided I will not add the pocket flaps; I think there will be just too much activity in that area of the jacket and I don't want to draw too much attention at that waist line.



I looked through more of my buttons and either I have a nice match but only one to three of them. I thought about covered buttons and decided I am not wanting to do that. Unfortunately I do not have a great button source to go to locally. The closest place with a good variety of buttons is over an hour away. I am looking on line yet the colors on monitor are not necessarily a great match to fabric. I have a holiday coming up so I think I will be planning the hour drive to search for buttons.



Putting the jacket aside, I straightened up the sewing room and vacuumed the carpet. I then went through my fabric that I bought from the storage room to the sewing room and matched it up with patterns I want to sew. I am going with my current plan and will start to work on some knit tops first.



This is the first knit top pattern I am going to cut out and sew--I have adjusted the pattern for FBA and FSA. I am going to sew it up in blue floral knit fabric that has been in the stash for years. I am going to make the sleeveless top as I will only have enough fabric for that one. The next top from this pattern will be the one with 3/4 length sleeves.

Photo courtesy of Butterick Patterns website








2 comments:

  1. Good luck finding those buttons, and looking forward to seeing your finished garments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting pattern with those darts (or gathers?) at the neck line. I look forward to see how it will look like when you have it finished!

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...