Pattern tracing and fabric cutting

I was able to cut out the fabric for the Butterick top this AM. I ended up using another knit fabric that has been in my stash for a long time. The piece I had originally planned to use proved to not be enough even to do the sleeveless version. I decided to cut out the 3/4 length sleeves instead of making a sleeveless top.

I then cut out another knit fabric that has been in my stash for over a year or more. I used a Jalie pattern that I have made before. I plan to use the pleated front top as I made this before with nice success.

I then traced a Kwik Sew pattern. This has an interesting pattern for the front. I ended up using the pivot and slide method to make a FBA because of the unusual front pattern piece.

I still have not found buttons for my jacket. I am off Monday and will be traveling to Floyd and Schoolhouse Patterns. I have not been there in over 6 months. They have a great selection of buttons as well as lining fabrics. I plan to purchase a few more lining pieces as well.

Comments

  1. Great progress. You have two tops ready to sew this week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Labels

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

Out with the Old, In with the New

Sewing Interruptus!!!

Simplicity 8425

Sewcialists

Sewcialists