Thursday, October 04, 2007

Sewing for today-Oct 4

I was able to get some personal sewing time in this AM. DH went out on the motorcycle for a couple of hours. I began the pin fitting process for the dress, making a few adjustments. Tomorrow we have plans to attend a motorcycle rally here in the "valley". May find a few moments tomorrow night to cut out the dress fabric and lining.

I got sidetracked this AM from working on the dress pattern as I wanted to play with a new sewing toy. I purchased the Free Motion Fabric Mover for my sewing machine. I spent some time learning how to move the fabric mover and control the free motion stitches. I will say that the fabric mover makes the free motion stitching a little less stressful. Still a learning curve to do this. I did not break any needles as I usually do with free motion stitching.

I am also trying to plan my next sewing projects that will follow my dress. I am thinking skirt, jacket and top or blouse. I still have another dress that I want to make with another cropped style jacket.

Our ASG will be having their annual Christmas party in December and been thinking about what to make for the fashion show. I have not participated before but that I might want to take the plunge. It has been a while since I have made something "artistic". Sew many ideas and sew little time.

1 comment:

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...