Thursday, October 04, 2007

Buttons, buttons, whose got the buttons?

The jacket is complete except for the buttons. I have a pair of buttons that would work but I need three of 7/8 or 1 inch buttons, not two. Plus I need 2 of 3/4 inch buttons for the back tab. Of course the only local stores with buttons are JoAnn's and Wal-Mart. I have not had a chance yet to check them out. I use to buy buttons at Hancock's and now they are no longer here. I have not always had great success with JoAnn's or Wal-Mart.

The thought of trying to match buttons online does not thrill me as I believe it will be difficult to match the fabric as usually colors look different on the monitor. Yet that may be the final step.

I wish when I visited Mary Jo's in Gastonia that I had a swatch of this fabric with me. I did purchase some buttons but none really work with the jacket. I know this sounds whiny! If all else fails, self covered buttons may be my only answer.

1 comment:

  1. Linda - you should try Sawyerbrooks matching service...send them a swatch of fabric and the type of button you are looking for and they send you back the best match or matches. It can't hurt and its still warm in VA right?! 'Cause it is definitely still summer here in NJ! You would have enough time to get the buttons back and sewn on in time to wear this outfit this fall!

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...