Saturday, October 06, 2007

Saturday sewing

I went shopping this afternoon at JoAnn's. They were having a sale on Vogue and McCall's pattern. (Like I don't have a gazillion now) I purchased two Vogue patterns for $3.99. I really did not have any McCall's patterns that I just had to have. I do have a list of Simplicity patterns.

I also found BUTTONS! for my jacket. Actually I found two potential sets so purchased them both. One set was very much like the ones in my stash that I wanted to use but did not have enough of. The other was a very distinctive button with unusual center; this was a shank style button. After returning home, I laid the buttons on the jacket front and decided to go with the buttons like the one in my stash.

Tomorrow is DH's birthday so took him out to dinner this evening. After returning I started sewing up my dress. It is a sheath style dress so hopefully it will not take long to make it.

Still contemplating my next garment to make. I have a knit top cut out and ready to sew. I am trying to perfect the fit of the Pamela's Perfect T-Shirt pattern on me. This would be something quit to make.

I have several fabric pieces in my sewing room waiting for their destiny.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you were able to find some buttons!! They are so hard to match sometimes! Happy early Bday to your DH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your good buys, especially the buttons. I can't tell you how long I've had things hanging in the closet while I'm ISO 'just the right buttons'!

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...