Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Sewing Today

I have not had much time to sew of late. I am trying to take the Nancy Z approach,10-20-30 minutes to sew. I seem to be hanging at 10 minutes, if lucky.

This morning, I rethreaded the serger, getting it set up to sew the Hot Pattern Plain & Simple T. I could not believe the problem I had in rethreading. A simple task took up most of my 15 minute allocation. Finally got it all set up and stitches were okay on sample. But had to stop to get ready for work.

This evening following exercising at CURVES and a shower, I serged the shoulders of the t. Then measured the neckline to determine the neckband length to cut for the scoop neck of the T. Got the rotary cutter and mat and cut this out. I then had to start cooking dinner.

That's my sewing for now.

I will say that I am pleasantly pleased with my inexpensive knit fabric purchased at Wally World. Has good recovery and nice weight knit. I just hope the revisions to this pattern will be good ones and that this T will be a good fit compared to the first one. If so I will be ready to tackle the V-Neck one in this pattern pack. I will try to post a photo of the fabric later. Here is a photo of the pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...