I still find myself not letting go of something until complete; thus not moving onto other projects in my queue. When I do I sometimes end up with UFO's just taking up space and hanging around in the sewing room. I wanted this complete as I want to wear while temperatures were not so frigid. This will be a warm knit coat/sweater to wear but not against long periods of time outside when it is 30 degrees.
I have not taken photos yet of me wearing and will do so soon. Here is views of the front and back hanging.
I like this pattern and considering making again; perhaps using a sweater knit instead of a textured double knit. The fabric I used will definitely provide some warmth.
I was happy that I had buttons in stash to use----
The placement of the buttonholes and thus the buttons was challenging. The underlying front piece is attached via a snap at the shoulder seam. I had to keep pinning it in place to determine where exactly the buttonholes and buttons should fall. Because of the mixed sizes I used this did somewhat impact buttonhole placement. I perhaps should have spaced them further apart, yet they work as they are now allowing for the jacket to fall open more for sitting and driving.
My buttonhole stitches on my sewing machine are finicky and not always do the buttonhole programmed to duplicate themselves as they should after programming them for style and size. Thus I had to remove one buttonhole which was tedious. The one thing that I did was to use a water solvent material on top of the knit to help the buttonhole stitches not to sink down into the knit fabric. This worked very well.
I am ready to move onto the next project once I decide what that will be.