As I noted in an earlier post this pattern has a lot of ease. As a result of reviewing the ease measurements on the back of the pattern, I decided to go with the small size. I ended up using the extra small through the shoulders and the armscye. I then decided to transition to medium from the bust down and then decided that the small size would be sufficient.
Here are all the issues I found today when I sewed and basted the pattern for fitting:
- The front neckline is lower than I anticipated and it was looser and stood away from my body at the front.
- Even though the ease measurement at the bust area was 44 inches I found I could have used a small horizontal adjustment at the bust line or have added length at the front.
- The back is very full and knew that it was going to be requiring a deeper center back seam. Even with the deeper center back seam there is still quite a bit of fullness. Sway back adjustment is easy to fix due to the center back seam.
- I knew from the measurement posted on sleeve pattern piece was that they may be too narrow. I used the medium size and that was tight throughout even at the wrist. I have a very small wrist and so for this to be tight through that area was surprising.
- The sleeve length was also very long and I reduced it by an inch and a fourth before cutting it out. Even with that adjustment I would need to hem it another 2 inches.
- I adjusted the front neckline by taking about 1/2 inch wedge or dart at the neckline tapering to nothing at the center seam.
More updates later.