Thursday, June 10, 2021

Next Project, New Fabric and UFO complete

 I am working on making Simplicity 9273. I purchased this pattern when Hobby Lobby was having a sale.


I had planned on using a black crepe knit purchased from Fabric Mart with a red knit with black dots. However, after considering this match-up, I decided that the red fabric was too heavy to use with the lighter weight black fabric.  So I pulled out a black and white striped fabric from my stash that I purchased from Fabric Mart years ago.


I am making View C with the pleated sleeve. I am thinking of using the stripes for the neckband. Not fully committed to that yet. The sleeves and front/back bodice has been cut out. I am practicing using my rotary cutter and it worked great with both fabrics! It is definitely quicker than using scissors. I plan to sew some today.

I recently purchased fabric from the Fabric Mart sale around Memorial Day. It is a woven slubbed challis fabric. I want to make more woven tops and have a couple patterns in mind.

As I posted earlier, I have completed the Love Notions Melody Dolman shirt. This was a UFO from 2020. I took some quick photos as we were getting ready to go out. I will do a better photoshoot in the near future. This was taken in my bathroom using my phone.


I love the fabric but it truly wrinkles a lot while wearing. Yet it was perfect for the very hot day.

That's it for now. Thanks for stopping by, always appreciate comments.

















4 comments:

  1. Will the sleeve be made from the stripe? The striped cut out piece in the photo is rather unique looking but I am guessing it is the sleeve. if so think they will look so good. Can't wait to see the finished top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Audrey! Yes I am using the striped fabric for the sleeves. It is an odd shape sleeve with pleats sewn at the seam.

      Delete
  2. Your Dolman looks great! I love how the florals look on you. Best wishees on your current project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vanessa! Hope your sewing plans are going well!

      Delete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...