Friday, April 23, 2021

Over it!

 Recently I posted about three Simplicity patterns I purchased during Hobby Lobby's $.99 sale. 

Well, I am over my two dead to me Willow Wrap Tops! I am moving on.

I have enough fabric to use the leftover solid and striped fabrics. I started focusing on these two Simplicity patterns.



Originally I was leaning toward S9229. However, I am somewhat skeptical of the measurements on the pattern envelope back. I normally cut a 12, 14, 16, and on occasion an 18 at the bust to skip making an FBA. The finished bust size that matches mine or close to is a size 20 or 22!  I have not removed the pattern pieces to see what measurements are printed there if any??!!

Simplicity S9275 has measurements that I normally use and shows the finished bust measurement to be 43 1/2 inches for size 16. So I have decided to make view c which has short sleeves and a short band. There is an opportunity for color blocking.

The pattern pieces have been cut around and ready for fitting. I want to make the pattern the model is wearing but think it will be too warm for our spring and summer.

More to update later.


8 comments:

  1. Sometimes you just have to move on. I'm glad to know to not waste my time of the Willow Wrap Top, but the dress was an easy fit & quick sew for me. Happy Sewing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonnie, there are actually to Willow Tops. One includes the dress and top with a ruffle. The one I worked on was a wrap with asymmetrical hem and side ruching. I think the one I used was from an earlier time. So stick with the one you used. The issue for me was not the pattern per se, it was I needed different sizing.

      Delete
  2. I also purchased S9229. The finished garment measurements on the pattern indicate that this is EXTREMELY close-fitting although the sample on the pattern envelope certainly doesn't look that way. I exchanged my usual size range to the upper range of sizes. I would need to go up one or two! sizes in order to get this to fit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked at the pattern and just went with my usual size. I should have gone with the size you purchased. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. It looks like you have a good plan moving forward. Sorry the Willow did not work out for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Willow Wrap top pattern is not the real problem, I needed to use a larger size. The first one was a mess I made with serging. I am going to try it again going with a larger size!

      Delete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...