Tuesday, December 01, 2020

Up Next- The Calypso!

 I have not had the opportunity to wear my new Sinclair Nova Raglan Sleeve top. My DH has a doctor's appointment on Friday and my plan is to wear this then. Hopefully, I can take some pics before the appointment.


My next project is another Sinclair pattern, the Calypso Colorblocked top and hoodie.  I don't have enough material for a cowl or hoodie, so this will have a simple neckband.

Pattern Review is having a fabric stash contest and I always have good intentions of sewing several fabrics from my stash and normally only ending up making 1-2 garments.  The contest allows sewing home items, such as curtains and the like which will obviously use more fabric than not.  I entered this year as a means to hopefully motivate me to sew more and use some nice fabrics still in the stash.

My fabric was purchased from Sew Much Fabric in 2017. It is a double-sided knit in green and blue.

The colors are rather muted, but I love the feel of this fabric, and will work for color blocking. I also purchased a gray and beige piece and have some thoughts about what I will make with that.  It will not be the Calypso.

My success with the Sinclair patterns has been great and because it has I skipped the "team trace" with this pattern. I fit size 14-16 in the petite patterns without many adjustments except for my usual forward shoulder and swayback.

There are a lot of pieces with this pattern and the pattern is printed, taped and cut out. Next up is to cut the fabric. I have to set up my serger and sewing machine also.

More to share later.

2 comments:

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...