Wednesday, August 05, 2020

Shorts

I have been working, very slowly, on making a pair of shorts. I am using this pattern from Sinclair patterns because they are drafted for Petites. If you have been reading my blog for a while you know I shy away from sewing pants. I have only made one pair of shorts that fit, ages ago, that was a Sandra Betzina pattern. They were the only pair of shorts that fit perfectly. I wore them to death.

I have attempted to sew a couple of other pants/shorts patterns but the fit was not as good as RTW. I purchased them from Talbots in petite sizes and always a flattering fit.  Now that I am retired with a reduced monthly budget, I have not purchased much from them as their prices are rather high. Recently they have been running sales and I did purchase 3 pairs of shorts that will last me for a long time.

For me, there are just a lot of fitting adjustments I have to make, and frustration sets in because one change leads to 2 more changes or undoing a change I made previously.

So these shorts will be my test pattern and going with the size I printed out and see where this leads. I like the look of these shorts because the front waistband is flat with the elastic back waistband.

No pictures to show yet. More later.


4 comments:

  1. How exciting! I wish you all the best, and hope you come out with a pair of well fitting shorts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I share your pain. One thing that has helped me immensely is to draft a pants pattern using Connie Crawford's pants fitting book (available through Islander, I think). Now that I have that pattern, it's the base for all other pants patterns as it fits amazingly well. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...