Friday, December 27, 2019

Last project for 2019

I completed the Itch to Stitch Cape Cod Capelet and had some time yesterday to take a few pics.

I really like this pattern. The most time spent was printing, taping and tracing the pattern, and hemming it. I used small at neckline, medium from bust to waist and large from the waist to bottom.  In the end, the medium was used from waist to bottom.

My dislike is not the pattern but the knit fabric used. I intentionally used this knit as this was a test run. I think this is a bamboo knit as I cannot find details about this knit in my sewing related documents. I do remember washing it twice and then put aside.

It is a fiddly knit and the dye kept coming off on my hands the more I sewed. It worked okay for this test run and perhaps I may wear it around the house when temperatures are in the 30's and 40's.

Here are the pics I took.  Not the best poses but was in a hurry to document this. I have already selected my next fabric to sew this.  I had every intention of sewing that this weekend but a family emergency has come up and I will have to put sewing aside for now.








I have a lot of Itch to Stitch patterns and have yet to sew many of them. But one of my goals for 2020 is to sew two or three of those not yet tried.

I hope your Christmas or other holidays that you may celebrate were good ones.  Ours was quiet and enjoyable. 

More updates later.  Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. I love it in black!! Sorry that fabric was a buggar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it in black also, but I truly dislike (hate) this fabric!!

      Delete
  2. I recently learned about dye catchers! I bought a box in Walmart and threw some in with a quilt that I had red fabric in. Amazingly, these things work so well! Perhaps you could get some and try washing your cape a few times to see if you can get more of the dye out. I really like this and wasn't aware of the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love using dye catchers, they do work great. I washed this about a year ago and the dye catcher caught the dye, I just think this is not a quality knit. It was perfect for testing this pattern.

      Delete
  3. I love the cape in black too! I have never sewn a cape before, even though I think I have a pattern somewhere, lol! Yours looks nice--I hope your next version is to your liking!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vanessa! I am getting ready to watch some fabrics and one will be my next capelet.

      Delete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...